Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Zealand Trip

I have now been in New Zealand for 2 weeks, and it's been a lot of fun: as much for kiting, checking out the island, and hanging out with my sisters.

The first week we checked out 3 different kite spots: Pine Harbour, Tamaki River and Waihee beach.... all kind of on the gusty side, but lots of fun on my 7m and 9m.  It's NZ's windy season right now, so there is no lack of wind.  I also met with Chucky at WSP store while kiting at Tamaki.  Since the wind forecast looks awsome for the coming week, we are probably going to get together to check out new kite places.  I am here with my sisters who know the island really well for kiting so it makes it really easy to know where to go and when (I am a little lost with the wind directions and tides!).
It's my 4th time in New Zealand, but each time I am amazed with how beautiful it is.  We've been taking small day trips to the cool places around Auckland.







This past week, we went to the South Island.  We did not take any kites there... because the water temperature does not go above 8 degrees celcius there... and that's kind of cold for me!!! We mostly hiked, took a lot of pictures, and sampled NZ's typical fish and chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment